Washington, D.C. Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Around Washington, D.C. with Kids
Washington is a city of vistas—a marriage of geometry and art. Unlike other large cities, it isn't dominated by skyscrapers. The result: the world's first planned capital is also one of its most beautiful.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Washington, D.C. restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Washington, D.C.
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $89-$99 -- Downtown D.C. Hotel near Capitol Hill, Reg. $329 BookIt.com
- $159 -- Maryland Hotel next to Towson University, Save 20% — $159 Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
- $179 -- D.C.-Area 4-Star Resort incl. July Fourth — $179 Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
- $89 -- Weekends at Washington D.C.-Area Hotel, 55% Off — $89 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC-Crystal City
Outwardly serene and classically beautiful, the Capitol, the White House, and the Supreme Court stand at the heart of Washington, D.C. They are... Read more
Home of the Senate and the House of Representatives, the marble Capitol is an architectural marvel filled with frescoes and statues. Tours begin... Read more
In the Line of Fire. A Secret Service agent (Clint Eastwood) tries to protect the president from a psychopathic assassin (John Malkovich). Eastwood's... Read more
D.C. is filled with kid-friendly attractions. These sights are sure winners:... Read more
If you want to "go native" and get a sense for D.C. as the locals know it, try these experiences.... Read more
For the thrifty at heart, D.C. can be a dream come true. All the Smithsonian museums and national memorials are free, as are many other museums—too... Read more
From Fourth of July and can't-miss exhibits to swank new hotels and fantastic outdoor food fests, DC is... Read more
Psst...want to know where to really find the best eats in (and around) DC? We've got the goods for you... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now73° F Light Rain 87% Humidity June 18, 2013 at 5:52PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
Thursday, April 11 my husband, 5 and 8 year old children and I traveled to Washington D.C. for usual sight-seeing and cherry blossoms. We used taxis often which in the planning stage worried me because Read more
We will be in Washington DC this July for a week. Read more