- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sheffield Island & Lighthouse
Sheffield Island & Lighthouse Review
The 3-acre park here is a prime spot for a picnic. The 1868 lighthouse has four levels, 10 rooms to explore, and is adjacent to the Stewart B. McKinney U.S. Fish and Wildlife Refuge. Clambakes are held Thursday evenings from June through September.
- Address: Ferry service from Hope Dock, at corner of, Washington and North Water Sts., Norwalk, CT 06854 | Map It
- Phone: 203/838-9444 ferry and lighthouse
- Cost: Round-trip ferry service and lighthouse tour $22
- Hours: Ferry Memorial Day through Labor Day, weekdays at 11 and 3, weekends at 11, 2, and 3:30
- Website: www.seaport.org
- Location: Norwalk
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
My husband and I love Rowayton, CT... we are wondering if anyone from that cute town has any information about renting a house during the summer? We would like to bring our 3 children with us too. Whe Read more
Hey yall! Read more
· News & Features
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more