- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Golf Granby Ranch. Formerly known as Headwaters, Golf Granby Ranch is an 18-hole course nestled against the Rocky Mountains. The original course by Micheal Asmundson was redesigned by the Nicklaus Design firm to turn it into a more walkable course; two "family holes" were added to offer a golf experience for novices. The back nine is fraught with interesting challenges and fast greens. 1000 Village Rd., Granby, CO, 80446. 970/887–2709 or 888/850–4615. www.granbyranch.com. 18 holes. 7210 yds. Par 72. Slope: 127. Green Fee: $75–$90, plus $15 for cart. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, rental clubs, pro-shop, lessons, restaurant, bar.
Pole Creek Golf Club. Designed by Denis Griffiths, Pole Creek has three 9-hole, par-36 courses and fantastic views of the mountains. You can play any combination of 18 holes, but try to get on the Ridge 9, which has particularly challenging holes with slippery greens and one of the best views in the state. 5827 Hwy. 51, Winter Park, CO, 80482. 970/887–9195. www.polecreekgolf.com. Meadow/Ranch: 18 holes. 3074 yds. Par 36. Slope 129. Ranch/Ridge: 18 holes. 3,143 yds. Par 36. Slope 131. Ridge/Meadow: 18 holes. 3,377 yds. Par 36. Slope 127. Green Fee: $93–$99 (includes carts). Facilities: Driving range, putting green, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, lessons, restaurant, bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's