- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pole Creek Golf Club. Designed by Denis Griffiths, Pole Creek has three 9-hole, par-36 courses and fantastic views of the mountains. You can play any combination of 18 holes, but try to get on the Ridge 9, which has particularly challenging holes with slippery greens and one of the best views in the state. 5827 Hwy. 51, Winter Park, CO, 80482. 970/887-9195. www.polecreekgolf.com. Meadow: 3,497 yards. Ranch: 3,609 yards. Ridge: 3,603 yards. Greens fee: $73-$99.
Headwaters. Headwaters is an 18-hole course laid out through a natural landscape passing very few buildings. The original course by Micheal Asmundson was redesigned by the Nicklaus Design firm to turn it into a more walkable course; two "family holes" were added to offer a golf experience for novices. The back nine is fraught with interesting challenges and fast greens. 1000 Village Rd., Granby, CO, 80446. 970/887-2709. www.granbyranch.com/golf. 7,210 yards. Greens fee: $75-$90, plus $15 for cart.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135-$254 -- 4-Star Hotel Monaco Denver, Save 67% Expedia
- $48 -- 3-Star Denver Tech Center Hotel Hotwire.com
- $6.19 & up -- Car Rentals across Colorado CarRentals.com