- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Washington Square Inn
At a Glance
- lovely rooms
- fun location
- reasonably priced parking fees for San Francisco
- some guests complain about gruff management
- no air-conditioning
- street parking is difficult to come by
Check Rates from our Partners
Washington Square Inn Review
Overlooking the tree-lined park of its namesake and surrounded by fine shops and cafés, this gracious corner B&B sits at the foot of Telegraph Hill in the heart of North Beach. Both large and small rooms are individually decorated with Venetian and French accents; upgraded bathrooms are done in imported marble and tiles. Many rooms have gas fireplaces and beds with 400- to 600-thread-count sheets. Up-to-date technological amenities include iPod docking stations and flat-panel TVs. The lobby, which has a gleaming mahogany fireplace and brass chandeliers, is the setting for free wine and antipasti in the evening. A complimentary Continental breakfast is served by the front windows.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city.... Read more