- Its status This is one of those places where you really want to say, "Been there, done that!"
- Awesome vistas Painted Desert, sandstone canyon walls, pine and fir forests, mesas, plateaus, volcanic features, the Colorado River, streams, and waterfalls make for some jaw-dropping moments.
- Year-round adventure Outdoor junkies can bike, boat, camp, fish, hike, ride mules, white-water raft, watch birds and wildlife, cross-country ski, and snowshoe.
- Continuing education Adults and kids can have fun learning, thanks to free park-sponsored nature walks and interpretive programs.
- Sky-high and river-low experiences Experience the canyon via plane, train, and automobile, as well as by helicopter, row- or motorboat, bike, mule, or foot.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More