- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- beautiful grounds
- all rooms contain flat screen TV with DVD player
- offer some very reasonable packages
- rooms are on the smallish side and could use some updating.
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hôtel Mont-Gabriel Review
Built by Josephine Hartford Bryce, whose grandfather founded the A&P grocery chain, the hotel started as a log structure with about a dozen rooms. The site has evolved into a 1,200-acre resort where you can relax in a contemporary room with a valley view or commune with nature in a rustic-style cabin with a fireplace. In winter you can ski out from many room, in the spring, summer and fall, you can satisfy your golf jones, and year-round you can indulge yourself at Spa Relaxia. The French cuisine ($$$$) at L'Ambroisie is good, with entrées such as salmon rotolo with balsamic sauce and duck breast with black cherries.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $97-$127 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Hotel over Weekends, Save 60% Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off — $120 Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
i am so confused about quebec city. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more