- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Bottega Pizzeria Review
Nobody questions the authenticity of the Neapolitan style pizza here, seeing as there's a 3,500-kilogram wood-burning pizza oven made from Vesuvian rock in the kitchen. It cooks pizza in 90 seconds flat, at 500 degrees Celsius (932 °F). There are just a few pizza options but all are fabulous and made with fresh tomatoes, vegetables, and top quality salumi. Another reason to go to Bottega is the array of tapas-style appetizers, called sfizi—meatballs, eggplant, grilled peppers, and arancini (stuffed fried rice balls). The kitchen is open until midnight, so the city's top chefs often come by for their dinner after work. The gelato is also excellent, but you can also get it to go, after your meal. Tell the waiter and they'll put the gelato in a cup, with a cookie.
- Address: 65 rue St-Zotique Est, Little Italy, Montréal, QC H2S 1K6 | Map It
- Phone: 514/277–8104
- Website: www.bottega.ca
- Metro Beaubien.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
I'm looking for a language school in Montreal or Quebec City. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more