Halifax's Stanfield International Airport is Atlantic Canada's largest airport. Ground transport into Halifax takes 30 to 40 minutes. Limousine and taxi services, as well as car rentals, are available on-site. Airporter Inc., which has regular bus service to most major city hotels, charges C$19.50 one-way. Regular taxi fares into Halifax are C$53 each way. If you book ahead with Share-A-Cab, the fare is around C$30, depending on your time of arrival, but you must share your car with another passenger.
Visitors proceeding on to other Nova Scotian destinations can take shuttles to the South Shore, Annapolis Valley, and Cape Breton. Cape Breton-bound travelers short on time can also fly into Sydney's own airport.
Halifax Stanfield International Airport (1 Bell Blvd. Extension, Enfield, NS, B2T 1K2. 902/873–4422. www.hiaa.ca.)
J.A. Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport (280 Silver Dart Way, Sydney, NS, B1M 1B8. 902/564–7720. www.sydneyairport.ca.)
Share-A-Cab (902/429–5555 or 800/565–8669. www.atyp.com/ashareacab.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's