- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Deer Lake Irving Big Stop
Deer Lake Irving Big Stop Review
Good home-cooked meals, burgers and fries, and healthy options like salads and salmon make this franchise eatery a welcome pit stop, as do the reassuringly clean washrooms. The adjacent convenience store sells gifts, souvenirs, some outdoor apparel, magazines, and basic motoring supplies.
- Address: Trans-Canada Highway (Rte. 1), Exit 16 Deer Lake, NL A8A 2E4
- Phone: 709/635–2129
- Location: Deer Lake
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
We are planning to take a 14 day vacation to Quebec in the beginning of July. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more