- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The snorkeling is pretty good around El Morro, where the visibility is best when the tide is high. Serious divers head to Isla Urubá, a protected island just south of Taboga.
Hotel Vereda Tropical. The Hotel Vereda Tropical rents snorkeling equipment to guests (only) and can arrange a boat ride around the island for about $60 that includes snorkeling. Isla Taboga. 507/250–2154.
Scuba Panama. Taboga lacks a dive center, but the Panama City–based operator Scuba Panama can arrange a diving day trip to Isla Morro, which includes a stop at Isla Taboga. Isla Taboga. 507/261–3841. www.scubapanama.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's