- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Bocas is a safe town, but it has acquired a few sidewalk hustlers and drug dealers in recent years, so don't wander its side streets late at night. The main dangers in the archipelago, however, are sunburn and bug bites. Take a hat, sunscreen, and insect repellent. Drowning is also a real danger, and there are no lifeguards. Don't swim at the beaches if the waves are big, unless you are an experienced surfer, and don't let a boatman take you into rough water in a dugout canoe.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's