It took two centuries (from 1650 to 1850) to finish the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, and as a result, it incorporates both neoclassical and Renaissance elements. On the simple exterior, sculptures of saints in niches are covered in black netting to discourage pigeons from unintentional desecration. The church's neoclassical interior is also somewhat plain and sparse. The high point of its collection, now housed in the side chapel museum, is a magnificent Holy
Sepulchre carved from ebony and decorated with stamped silver angels, flowers, and decorative curlicues. Each angel holds a symbol of the Stations of the Cross.
Calle 55, between Calles 8 and 10, Plaza Principal, Campeche City, Campeche, 24000, Mexico