- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
This bar and restaurant is a branch of the classic and popular Mérida joint by the same name. Under a tall palapa on the beach you can enjoy the view and the breeze through tall windows facing the water. Live music in the afternoons (except Tuesday) adds to the party atmosphere. This place is extremely popular with cruise ship passengers who disembark in Progreso. Tasty appetizers are free with your drinks, and there are plenty to choose from. This is a good place to try different Yucatecan dishes such as longaniza asada and pollo pibil. Fresh seafood dishes are also on the menu, but these don't come with the drinks.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hi...is there a less known airport (than Cancun) if we want to visit mexican pyramids? Flying into Cancun seems so expensive for the christmas break (Yes, unfortunately, we were unable to plan a vacatio Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more