- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
If you get into a scrape with the law, you can call your nearest consulate; U.S. citizens can also call the Overseas Citizens Services Center in the United States.
Consulate and Embassy
United States Consul. Paseo de Cocoteros 85 Sur, 2nd fl., Centro Comercial Paradise Plaza, Nuevo Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, 63732. 322/222-0069.
U.S. Embassy. Paseo de la Reforma 305, Col. Cuauhtémoc, Mexico City, 06500. 55/5080-2000. mexico.usembassy.gov.
General Emergency Contacts
General Emergency (Police, Transit, Fire). 066.
U.S. Overseas Citizens Services Center. 888/407-4747 or 202/501-4444. www.travel.state.gov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $80 -- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort, Incl. 25% Meals CheapCaribbean.com
- $112 -- 4-Star Puerto Vallarta Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Buganvilias Resort and Convention Center
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Riviera Maya Adult-Only Resort w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $999 -- Panama Canal 14-Night Cruise, $200 Off Norwegian Cruise Line
- $3.42 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com