Sign Up
Newsletter Signup
Free Fodor's Newsletter

Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.

Fodor's Weekly: Your expert travel wrap-up
Today's Departure: Your daily dose of travel inspiration (coming soon)

Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide


If you get into a scrape with the law, you can call your nearest consulate; U.S. citizens can also call the Overseas Citizens Services Center in the United States.

Consulate and Embassy

United States Consul (Centro Comercial Paradise Plaza, Paseo de Cocoteros 85 Sur, 2nd fl., Nuevo Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, 63732. 322/222–0069; 33/3268–2145 24-hour emergency number. Mon.–Thurs. 8:30 am–12:30 pm.)

U.S. Embassy (Paseo de la Reforma 305, Col. Cuauhtémoc, Mexico City, 06500. 55/5080–2000.

General Emergency Contacts

General Emergency (Police, Transit, Fire) (066.)

U.S. Overseas Citizens Services Center (888/407–4747 or 202/501–4444.

Previous Travel Tip

Festivals and Events

Next Travel Tip


All Top Experiences



News & Features
Trip Finder

Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition

View Details
Travel Phrases

Learn Spanish Phrases before or while you're on the go!

Download Now
Travel Deals