- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Celebration of Independence
Celebration of Independence Review
The Celebration of Independence is held on September 15 and 16, beginning on the evening of September 15 with the traditional Grito de Dolores. It translates as "Cry of Pain," but it also references the town of Dolores Hidalgo, where the famous cry for freedom was uttered by priest Miguel Hidalgo. Late in the evening on September 15 there are mariachis, speeches, and other demonstrations of national pride. On September 16, witness parades and charros on horseback through the main streets of town.
- Address: Puerto Vallarta
- Location: Puerto Vallarta
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hi...is there a less known airport (than Cancun) if we want to visit mexican pyramids? Flying into Cancun seems so expensive for the christmas break (Yes, unfortunately, we were unable to plan a vacatio Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more