This 1681 mansion is one of the prettiest houses facing the Plaza San Jacinto. A huge free-form fountain sculpture—exploding with colorful porcelain tiles, shells, and mosaics—covers the eastern wall of its patio. Although it's not ranked among the city's top museums, it has a splendid collection of 17th- and 18th-century European and colonial Mexican paintings, all donated by the house's last owner, Isidro Fabela. Fabela also donated books and magazines to a small
library behind the museum (by way of a lovely open patio) that is open to the public. Art exhibitions also rotate through.