- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso
Antiguo Colegio de San Ildefonso Review
The college, a colonial building with lovely patios, started out in the 18th century as a Jesuit school for the sons of wealthy Mexicans. Frida Kahlo also famously studied here as an adolescent. It's now a splendid museum that showcases outstanding regional exhibitions. The interior contains murals by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and Fernando Leal.
- Address: Calle Justo Sierra 16, almost at corner of República de Argentina, 2 blocks north of Zócalo Col. Centro, Mexico City, 06020 | Map It
- Phone: 55/5702–6378
- Cost: $4.50, free Tues.
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 10–5:30
- Website: www.sanildefonso.org.mx
- Metro Zócalo.
- Location: Centro Histórico and Alameda Central
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more