- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
With near-perfect weather, Cuernavaca is a great place for sports enthusiasts, and there are some good places to play tennis and golf. Remember that you will find more crowds on weekends.
Hacienda San Gaspar. This golf club has an impressive steel-and-glass clubhouse. The 18-hole course is surrounded by lush gardens. Greens fees are $145 on weekends and $85 on weekdays. Av. Emiliano Zapata s/n, Col. Cliserio, Cuernavaca, Morelos, 62000. 777/319–4404. www.sangaspar.com.
Las Estacas. Ninety minutes from Mexico City, Las Estacas is an ideal place for a swim in a pool or in a cool, clean river born of an underwater spring. The weather here is almost always sunny, even when it's raining in Mexico City. Large stretches of grass under palm trees are great places to sunbathe. Dive classes and spa services are available. And, at this writing, the dressing rooms are being upgraded and shops are being added. Grab a juicy grilled hamburger at the restaurant. A day pass costs $23; the complex is open daily 8 to 6. Carretera Jojutla-Tltizapán, Km 7, Cuernavaca, Morelos, 62770. 734/345–0077; 55/3004–5300 in Mexico City; 777/312–4412 in Cuernavaca. www.lasestacas.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe