- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Monumento Natural Yaxhá-Nakúm-Naranjo
Southwest of Tikal lies a 430-square-mi (1,200-square-km) complex of three ruins from the Late Classic period. Yaxhá is the most easily visited of these, with Nakúm and Naranjo realistically accessible only during the dry season. All three are part of the Proyecto Triángulo (Triangle Project), an ongoing German-led excavation funded by Deutsche Bank. All three ruins have suffered looting throughout their histories. Naranjo has endured the worst problems.
Elsewhere in El Petén
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's