- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hacı Bayram Camii (Hacı Bayram Mosque)
Hacı Bayram Camii (Hacı Bayram Mosque) Review
Dating to 1427, Hacı Bayram Camii is one of Ankara's most important mosques. Built of yellow stone and brick, it is named after the revered founder of the Bayrami order of dervishes, Hacı Bayram, whose tomb is next to the minaret. The location of the mosque and minaret, which closely abut the ancient, indicates that this area has been a sacred site through the ages. The mosque reopened in 2011 after a major restoration and the construction of a showily decorated new wing that takes away from the site's historic character.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Welcome to Argos in Cappadocia—a hotel the likes of which you've never seen. ... Read more
There is no other country on earth that is such a juxtaposition of contrasts, and there’s no time... Read more