Geneva International Airport is the most convenient hub for Vaud. Trains connect the airport to Nyon, Lausanne, Morges, Vevey, and Montreux—if you're heading to one of the smaller lakeside villages, you will likely have to make a connection in one of these towns. Taxis abound, but fares are steep—the one-way fare to Lausanne runs approximately 220 SF for the 45-minute ride. A navette, or shuttle, bus runs twice an hour to major cities in Vaud; most fares are under 50 SF.
Ground Transportation Contact
Navette Leman (0800/107107. www.navetteleman.ch.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's