- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- old-world elegance with modern flair
- park setting with lake views is incomparable
- grand interiors missing a personal touch
- staff formality adds to upper-crust ambience
Check Rates from our Partners
Beau-Rivage Palace Review
Of the scores of luxury hotels in Switzerland, this gleaming grande dame stands apart—its Neoclassical flourishes seamlessly restored to period opulence, its vast waterfront grounds manicured like a country estate. Every inch of marble, crystal, and polished mahogany sparkles like new. Guest rooms have many modern touches—remote light controls, towel heaters, wireless connections. The hotel has a trio of top-notch restaurants: the romantic Anne-Sophie Pic, the lively Café Beau-Rivage, and the Miyako sushi bar. You can also enjoy the lake views over breakfast in the glass-enclosed La Terrasse. The sybaritic spa, umbrella-canopied terraces, meandering footpaths, and a hovering staff make it easy to understand why some guests stay the season.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more