- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Riffelalp Resort 2222m
At a Glance
- far from the village hubbub
- no better skiing location in Zermatt
- dining is limited to the hotel's three options
- 10-night minimum stay in peak season
- dinner not included in summer rates
Check Rates from our Partners
Riffelalp Resort 2222m Review
Set at 7,288 feet amid open fields and dense forests, this mountaintop option offers direct views of the Matterhorn—especially breathtaking in the orange glow of early morning—and enchantingly stylish decor. Guest rooms have Heidi-esque woodwork, rich fabrics, sumptuous sofas, and whirlpool tubs. Dining options range from a wood-paneled restaurant to a stone-trimmed tavern to a terrace where you can enjoy a "Matterhorn pizza." Bliss out with chilling footbaths and organic saunas in the spa, which is crowned by an indoor pool that is a whirlpool extravaganza and an outdoor pool that is no less than Europe's highest—wow. Even transit is made memorable, as you can ride a private restored tram to and from the train station.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more