- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Valais
The Matterhorn: Shutter-snap this glorious enigma from all angles, be it a luxury hotel room at its base or the sky-high Gornegrat-Monte Rosa Bahn.
Great downhill skiing: In Valais there's a ski resort for everyone, from family-friendly Saas-Fee to tourist-beloved Zermatt to chic Crans-Montana and Verbier.
Cantonal capital: Presided over by the castle of Tourbillon, Sion is a fortified link in the giant web of precipitous passes.
Mineral baths: Known for its natural thermal baths, the year-round destination of Leukerbad lets you dip into Switzerland's healing mineral-rich waters.
Wine route: Bike-friendly Valais offers a verdant landscape with centuries-old vineyards and unique varietals grown nowhere else.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's