- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
In 1890 and 1891 the first bobsled races were held on the road between St. Moritz and Celerina. The present-day run, built each year from natural ice, follows roughly the same course; it's the only one of its kind in the world.
Olympia Bob Run. There is no entry fee if you want to watch the regular Olympia Bob Run races. Or you can tear along the run yourself by riding behind an experienced pilot. The ride costs 250 SF; book well in advance. The run is open from late December through early March. Plazza Gunter Sachs, St. Moritz, Graubünden, 7500. 081/8300200. www.olympia-bobrun.ch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Z?rich: Save at the The Dolder Grand in May Fr $891+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $111+/Nt Travelocity
- Special deal: 4-Star Senator Fr $170+/Nt — $170 Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Travelocity
- Small budget: Book Dolder Waldhaus 3 Nts in May Fr $281+/Nt — $281 Expedia