- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Geneva International Airport, Switzerland's second largest, lies 5 km (3 mi) northwest of downtown Geneva, in Cointrin. When you arrive, pick up a free ticket from the dispensers in the baggage hall just before customs. The ticket is valid for 80 minutes and gives you free transportation on trains, buses, trams, and "gull" water shuttles (mouettes).
Trains run frequently between the airport and the Gare Cornavin, Geneva's main train station; the trip takes six minutes. The Nos. 5 and 10 buses connect the airport and downtown in about 20 minutes. Taxis are plentiful but expensive: expect to pay 35 SF or more to reach the city center.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Geneva Savings! Book at Bristol Fr $488+/Nt Expedia
- Geneva Savings! Book at Warwick Geneva Fr $290+/Nt Expedia
- Early Booking Bonus: Parc des Eaux-Vives in May — $363 Save with Expedia, $63/night less
- $480 & Up: De La Paix 5-Star Hotel in Geneva — $480 Save with Expedia, $25/night less
- Book Royal - Manotel Geneva in May: Weekend Special — $354 Save with Expedia, $20/night less