- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Hôtel De Ville
At a Glance
- traditional country hotel in enchanting medieval setting
- sidewalk terrace for fair-weather dining
- rich fondue smell in the restaurant may be too pungent for the faint-hearted
- no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel De Ville Review
Set on cobblestoned Rue du Bourg, this beckoning small hotel has large, airy rooms that tastefully mix bright Tuscan colors with traditional pine furnishings. Rooms in the rear overlook the valley, while front rooms gaze out on the village. The honeymoon suite, with a pretty four-poster bed, is ideal for a romantic getaway. The restaurant serves steaming fondue, raclette, local trout, and other Swiss dishes. Special low rates in the quiet season are attractive.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more