- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Hôtel De Ville
At a Glance
- traditional country hotel in enchanting medieval setting
- sidewalk terrace for fair-weather dining
- rich fondue smell in the restaurant may be too pungent for the faint-hearted
- no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel De Ville Review
Set on cobblestoned Rue du Bourg, this beckoning small hotel has large, airy rooms that tastefully mix bright Tuscan colors with traditional pine furnishings. Rooms in the rear overlook the valley, while front rooms gaze out on the village. The honeymoon suite, with a pretty four-poster bed, is ideal for a romantic getaway. The restaurant serves steaming fondue, raclette, local trout, and other Swiss dishes. Special low rates in the quiet season are attractive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
With your help, we have made the following plans.
Fly from NYC to Geneva June 24th.
June 25th., overnight in Lausanne. (b and b ideas?)
June 16-July 1 Lauterbrunnen rental apartment.booked
Should Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more