- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- copious breakfasts
- atmospheric dining is second to none
- stunning views
- flies can be a problem during summer months
- no elevator
- small and noisy rooms are at front of house
Check Rates from our Partners
Hostellerie St-Georges Review
Delicious views make this hotel a treat—breathtaking mountain and valley views are definitely the main attractions. The four largest rooms are spacious, cheerful, and have traditional wood decor and edelweiss-embroidered bed linens. The hotel's excellent restaurant, La Rotisserie, is strikingly anchored by a massive fireplace and leads out to a large, light-filled winter garden. Bathrooms are sizable and clean, if a little old-fashioned.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Hi I need some help planning an itinerary for 3 families travelling to Europe for 6 weeks in 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more