- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- homey feel
- friendly hosts
- magnificent views over glacier
- some of the bathrooms would benefit from a makeover
Check Rates from our Partners
Gletschergarten Chalet-Hotel Review
An expanded version of the standard chalet-style lodging, the Gletschergarten has been in the same family for four generations. The interior radiates welcome, from heirloom furniture to original paintings by the owner's grandfather to tea roses cut from the garden. There's heraldry in the leaded-glass windows, a ceramic stove with a built-in seat warmer, and a wood-paneled lounge taken from an old Grindelwald farmhouse. All rooms have balconies, some with glacier views, others overlooking the emerald-green hills. Ask for a corner room, as the angles are especially pleasing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more