- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- homey feel
- friendly hosts
- magnificent views over glacier
- some of the bathrooms would benefit from a makeover
Check Rates from our Partners
Gletschergarten Chalet-Hotel Review
An expanded version of the standard chalet-style lodging, the Gletschergarten has been in the same family for four generations. The interior radiates welcome, from heirloom furniture to original paintings by the owner's grandfather to tea roses cut from the garden. There's heraldry in the leaded-glass windows, a ceramic stove with a built-in seat warmer, and a wood-paneled lounge taken from an old Grindelwald farmhouse. All rooms have balconies, some with glacier views, others overlooking the emerald-green hills. Ask for a corner room, as the angles are especially pleasing.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
My wife and I are planning a 14 day trip next August and could use your help. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more