- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hötorget (Hay Market)
Hötorget (Hay Market) Review
Once the city's hay market, this is now a popular gathering place where you're more likely to find apples and pears. Crowds come here to meet, gossip, hang out, or pick up goodies from the excellent outdoor fruit-and-vegetable market. Also lining the square are the Konserthuset (Concert Hall), fronted by a magnificent statue by Swedish-American sculptor Carl Milles, the PUB department store, and a multiscreen movie theater, the Filmstaden Sergel.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
On 27th Dec. Read more
I am going with my nephew (me 45, he 27) to Scandinavia for 12 days, June 10-22..
June 10-13 Stockholm is fixed..flight from Copenhagen June 22, also fixed..Plan to be in Copenhagen on the 19th until 22.. Read more
· News & Features
High on design, Stockholm is the perfect place for a summertime stay.... Read more
Stockholm is more than IKEA, ABBA, and Absolut.... Read more
Home to eight Michelin-starred restaurants, Stockholm is a definite dining capital.... Read more