Prepay Breakfast in Stockholm hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When traveling in the US, we usually run out and bring back coffee and a small breakfast, i.e. fruit, muffin, egg sandwich, etc. so we can on with our day. In fact, we usually choose a hotel near such a coffee place. Many Stockholm hotels offer prepaid breakfasts. Do you know if 1) such prepaid breakfasts are quick or more relaxed? and 2) are we likely to find similar quickie coffee and food places nearby most hotels? I assume we'll be staying in areas near most sites. I assume we can always have hotel breakfasts on a pay as you go basis, if we want to relax? Thanks in advance!!
Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 01:04 PM
J62

Not sure where the relaxed vs quick comes into play - nobody is going to make you eat fast and leave ...you can linger as long as you want and drink liters of coffee if that's your cup of tea.... Or you can eat and run. Some may only have ceramic/glass coffee cups, others may have to-go cups.

Prepaid breakfast are often buffets where you dine at your own pace. Some may also have cook to order eggs. My guess is that if they offer a prepaid fixed price then it's more than likely the same fixed price if you eat one sesame seed, or the whole buffet. Buffet will include breads, pastries, fruit, yogurts, cereal, sliced meats & cheeses, etc. They'll ask you your room # when you enter and either check it off the list if you've prepaid, or write it down to charge you at checkout.

You don't need to pre-pay, but it's probably not ala carte. You'd need to check with the specific hotel, and you can decide real time.

As to what's nearby your hotel, google maps is your friend for that....

Last edited by J62; Apr 3rd, 2024 at 01:13 PM.
Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 11:15 PM

We had the best breakfasts ever at our hotels in Sweden. They were all buffets and had a lot of different foods, both hot and cold. We usually did not have anything else to eat during the day until our evening meal, mainly because we were not hungry until then.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 02:49 AM

Big breakfast buffets are usually included in the room rates in Stockholm hotels. If not included, the cost of a prepaid buffet is about 200 to 300 SEK (20 to 30 USD).

If you stay in Stockholm city center you can easily grab a sandwich and a coffee to go at the nearest 7-eleven or Pressbyrån store. There are plenty of them in the center.
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, I assume on some days, a quick breakfast in our room (coffee and a sandwich or fruit) and out the door for activity is preferable to a casual sit down, perhaps wait for service. Buffet seems to address a long wait. Just eager to take advantage of our time in Stockholm.