- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gröna Lund Tivoli
Gröna Lund Tivoli Review
Smaller than Copenhagen's Tivoli or Göteborg's Liseberg, this amusement park has managed to retain much of its historical charm, while making room for some modern, hair-raising rides among the pleasure gardens, amusement arcades, and restaurants. If you're feeling especially daring, try the Power Tower. At 350 feet, it's one of Europe's tallest free-fall amusement-park rides and one of the best ways to see Stockholm, albeit for about three seconds, before you plummet. There isn't an adult who grew up in Stockholm who can't remember the annual excitement of Gröna Lund's April opening. Go and you will see why.
- Address: Allmänna Gränd 9, Djurgården, Stockholm, 115 21 | Map It
- Phone: 08/58750100
- Cost: SKr 100 (park entry only); rides and attractions priced separately
- Hours: Late Apr.–mid-Sept., daily. Hrs vary but are generally noon-11pm. Call ahead for specific information.
- Website: www.gronalund.com
- Location: Djurgården and Skansen
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
High on design, Stockholm is the perfect place for a summertime stay. ... Read more
Stockholm is more than IKEA, ABBA, and Absolut.... Read more
Home to eight Michelin-starred restaurants, Stockholm is a definite dining capital.... Read more