Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería
Enjoy the sun and sand: Relax at any of the beaches; they're all free, though in summer there isn't much towel space.
Soak up the atmosphere: Spend a day in Málaga, Picasso’s birthplace, visiting the museums, exploring the old town, and strolling along the Palm Walkway in the port.
Check out Puerto Banús: Wine, dine, and celebrity-watch at the Costa's most luxurious and sophisticated port.
Visit Cabo de Gata: This protected natural reserve is one of the wildest and most beautiful stretches of coast in Spain.
Shop for souvenirs: Check out the weekly market in one of the Costa resorts to pick up bargain-price souvenirs, like ceramics or Spanish-music CDs.Updated: 12-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's