- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Museu de la Geologia
Museu de la Geologia Review
Barcelona's first public museum displays rocks, minerals, and fossils along with special exhibits on Catalonia and the rest of Spain. The museum is next to the Castell dels Tres Dragóns, not far from the beautiful Umbracle (meaning a shaded place for plants), a magnificently graceful 19th-century greenhouse that showcases a collection of jungle plants that grow best in shade.
- Address: Off Passeig de Picasso, La Ciutadella, Barcelona, Catalonia 08003 | Map It
- Phone: 93/319–6895
- Cost: €5.50; free 1st Sun. of month
- Hours: Tues., Wed., Fri.–Sun. 10–2, Thurs. 10–6:30
- Website: www.bcn.es/museuciencies
- Metro Arc de Triomf, Ciutadella.
- Location: La Ciutadella and Barceloneta
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Hi - My parents are going to Spain (Valencia/Barcelona) for a couple of weeks and I wanted to give them a gift card/travel card for Christmas to use on their trip. Read more
· News & Features
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more