- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Choco Review
The city's most exciting restaurant, awarded a Michelin star in 2012, El Choco has renowned chef Kisko Garcia at the helm whipping up innovative dishes with a twist of traditional favorites such as cochinillo crujiente con crema de ajos y naranjas (crispy suckling pig with cream of garlic and oranges) and atún fresco de Almadraba que quiso ser cerdo ibérico (traditionally-caught fresh tuna that wished it were an Iberian pig -fresh tuna cooked in pork stock and roasted on an oak log fire). The fresh Gellardeau oysters served with Iberian ham and cream of avocado are a highly-acclaimed starter. The restaurant has a minimalist interior, with charcoal-color walls and glossy parquet floors. El Choco is outside the city center to the east and not easy to find, so take a taxi.
- Address: Compositor Serrano Lucena 14, Centro, Córdoba, 14003
- Phone: 957/264863
- Location: Córdoba
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No dinner Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
I am flying into the airport in Madrid arriving in the afternoon, and I need transportation to Dos Hermanas, which is just south of Sevilla. Read more
· News & Features
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville. ... Read more