- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Inverness Golf Club. Established in 1883, Inverness Golf Club welcomes visitors to its parkland course 1 mile from downtown. Overlooking the Beauly Firth, it's a tree-lined course that requires a good deal of accuracy. Culcabock Rd., Inverness, IV2 3XQ. 01463/239882. www.invernessgolfclub.co.uk. Green fee: £18–£42. 18 holes, 6256 yds, par 69.
Torvean Golf Course. This municipal course has one of the longest par-5 holes (565 yards) in the north of Scotland. There are quite a few water hazards, including the Caledonian Canal. Glenurquhart Rd., Inverness, IV3 8JN. 01463/225651. www.torveangolfclub.co.uk. Green fee: £30 weekdays, £37 weekends. 18 holes, 5784 yds, par 68.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe