Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
Mobile AppDownload Moscow - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Church of All-Saints in Kulishki (Tserkov Vsekh Svyatykh na Kulishkakh)
Church of All-Saints in Kulishki (Tserkov Vsekh Svyatykh na Kulishkakh) Review
This fine example of 17th-century religious architecture was built in honor of the Russian forces who won the decisive Battle of Kulikovo three centuries earlier between Muscovy and the Tatar Golden Horde. Standing at the southern end of Slavyanskaya Square below a sloping park, the graceful church is one of the few survivors of the Soviet reconstruction of the area. Inside it's rather dark and the walls highly gilded; every inch of the ceilings are covered in frescoes. Morning (8:30) and evening (5:30) services are held daily.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from five days in St. Petersburg and I came home with a very different impression of Russia than when I started. I expecte... Read more
We just returned from three days in St. Petersburg on the St. Peterline's visa free ferry. In order to maximize our time, we hired a priv... Read more