- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
Historical Museum (Istorichesky Muzey)
Historical Museum (Istorichesky Muzey) Review
You may recognize these twin towers if you've ever caught clips of Soviet military parades on television. Against the backdrop of the pointed spires, the tanks and missiles rolling through Red Square seemed to acquire even more potency. The redbrick museum, built in 1874–83 in the pseudo-Russian style, combines a variety of backward-looking architectural styles and houses extensive archaeological and historical collections and interesting temporary exhibits outline.
- Address: 1 Red Sq., Kremlin/Red Square, Moscow, 109012 | Map It
- Phone: 495/692–4019; 495/692–3731 guided tours
- Cost: 250R
- Hours: Wed., Fri.–Mon. 10–6, Thurs. 11–8; closed 1st Mon. of month
- Website: www.shm.ru
- Metro: Ploshchad Revolutsii, Okhotny Ryad, or Teatralnaya.
- Location: Kremlin/Red Square
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more