- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Northern Ireland's main bus company, Ulsterbus, operates direct Goldline service—superior express buses with modern, comfortable seats—between Dublin and Belfast. Bus Éireann runs direct service to Belfast from Dublin, calling at Dublin Airport. The ride takes three hours; both company's buses arrive at Belfast's Europa Buscentre, just behind the Europa Hotel.
You can take advantage of frequent and inexpensive Ulsterbus links between all Northern Ireland towns. If you want to tour the North by bus and train, contact Translink: an iLink ticket allows unlimited travel on bus or train (15 per day, or 55 per week; it costs 1.50 to buy the card). Best buy: the Sunday Rambler Ticket for 8 for unlimited travel on all scheduled Ulsterbus services.
Europa Buscentre (Great Victoria St., Golden Mile, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT12 5AH. 028/9066–6630.)
Bus Éireann (01/836–6111 in Dublin. www.buseireann.ie.)
Translink Ulsterbus (028/9066–6630. www.translink.co.uk/ulsterbus.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe