- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Thompson's Restaurant Review
The main restaurant of the City Hotel takes its name from the old Thompsons Mill that once occupied this site on the banks of the River Foyle. The decor is airy and cool, while the cuisine is stylish and hot: best bets include honey loin of pork and salmon or sea bass dishes. Thanks to its popularity, reservations are recommended (and practically essential on weekends). The Two's Company menu, based on two people sharing two courses, is good value at £29.95 for two people. Throw in an impressive but not expensive wine list, and this adds up to a fine place to chill while taking in some great river views. Breakfast is served daily, but lunch only on Sundays.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
Wow, two month from yesterday and we will be in Ireland. Read more