- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
At a Glance
- airy rooms
- convenient San Marco location
- good for families
- the intimacy of a family B&B is not for everyone
- canal noise, especially from singing gondoliers
Check Rates from our Partners
Al Teatro Review
The renovated home of owners Fabio and Eleonora behind the Fenice Opera House offers three spacious, comfortable, and conscientiously appointed rooms. Each has its own private bath and overlooks a gondola-filled canal; the largest room has a broad balcony. An ample breakfast (served at a common table) and exceptional service make Al Teatro an excellent value and a relaxing choice in the sometimes-frenetic San Marco atmosphere. Book well in advance.
- Address: Fondamenta della Fenice, San Marco 2554, San Marco, Venice, 30124 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2776191
- Website: www.bedandbreakfastalteatro.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Santa Maria del Giglio.
- Location: San Marco
- 3 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Trip to Sicily: March 3-22, 2014
My husband and I had originally planned a trip to Sicily for last September but, due to family issues, we had to postpone the trip until this March. Read more
I’m looking for apartment rentals for the fall in both Verona and Bologna. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more