- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
At a Glance
- airy rooms
- convenient San Marco location
- good for families
- the intimacy of a family B&B is not for everyone
- canal noise, especially from singing gondoliers
Check Rates from our Partners
Al Teatro Review
The renovated home of owners Fabio and Eleonora behind the Fenice Opera House offers three spacious, comfortable, and conscientiously appointed rooms. Each has its own private bath and overlooks a gondola-filled canal; the largest room has a broad balcony. An ample breakfast (served at a common table) and exceptional service make Al Teatro an excellent value and a relaxing choice in the sometimes-frenetic San Marco atmosphere. Book well in advance.
- Address: Fondamenta della Fenice, San Marco 2554, San Marco, Venice, 30124 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2776191
- Website: www.bedandbreakfastalteatro.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Santa Maria del Giglio.
- Location: San Marco
- 3 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
Staying in Rome for 5 nights, family of 5. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more