- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo
At a Glance
- enchanting courtyard
- water access
- friendly and helpful staff
- free Wi-Fi
- beds are on the hard side
- standard rooms are small
- rooms in the annex can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo Review
A columned courtyard welcomes you to this elegant, charming palazzo, former home of the Santa Croce branch of the Mocenigo family (which has a few doges in its past), and the canopied beds, striped damask fabrics, lustrous terrazzo flooring, and gilt-accented furnishings keep the sense of Venice's past strong in the guest rooms. The meticulously renovated interior incorporates a number of distinctive architectural elements such as open-beam ceilings, fireplaces transformed into writing nooks, and Murano chandeliers, while the courtyard offers an ideal ambience for breakfast or an aperitivo. A Turkish sauna is nice for unwinding after a day of seeing sights. The hotel is located on a side canal convenient to any number of sights, cafés, restaurants, and shops. It's very popular, so book well in advance.
- Address: Fondamento de Rimpeto a Ca' Mocenigo, Santa Croce 2063, Santa Croce, Venice, 30135 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5244797
- Website: www.alpontemocenigo.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: San Stae.
- Location: Santa Croce
- 10 rooms, 1 junior suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from a fabulous 2 1/2 weeks in Le Marche, ending with 4 days in Rome.
We arrived at Fiumicino at about 2pm. We didn't want to go into Rome - just rent a car and head north. The first nigh Read more
I just got home, last night, from seven nights in Rome and will start posting experiences and photos here. Read more
I’d posted a question earlier about which neighborhood to stay in at Naples. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more