Venice Sights

Advertisement

San Stae Review

The church of San Stae—the Venetian name for San Eustacchio (Eustace)—was reconstructed in 1687 by Giovanni Grassi and given a new façade in 1707 by Domenico Rossi. Renowned Venetian painters and sculptors of the early 18th century decorated this church around 1717 with the legacy left by Doge Alvise Mocenigo II, who's buried in the center aisle. San Stae affords a good opportunity to see the early works of Tiepolo, Ricci, and Piazzetta, as well as those of the previous generation of Venetian painters.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Campo San Stae, Santa Croce, Venice, 30135 | Map It
  • Phone: 041/2750462
  • Cost: €3, free with Chorus Pass
  • Hours: Mon.–Sat. 9–5
  • Website:
  • Subway: Vaporetto: San Stae
  • Location: Santa Croce
Updated: 11-13-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

· Map of San Stae

Map of



Travel Deals
Forums