- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
The identity of this stately late-19th-century resort, famous for its 1½-km-long (1-mile-long) seaside promenade—the Passeggiata Anita Garibaldi —its palm-lined roads, and its 300 acres of parks rich in orange trees, is given away only by the sign on the sleepy train station. Although Nervi is technically part of the city, its peace and quiet are as different from Genoa's hustle and bustle as its clear blue water is from Genoa's crowded port. From the centrally located train station, walk east along the seaside promenade to reach the beaches, a cliff-hanging restaurant, and the 2,000 varieties of roses in the public Parco Villa Grimaldi, all the while enjoying one of the most breathtaking views on the Riviera. Nervi, and the road between it and Genoa, is known for its nightlife in summer.
Elsewhere in The Italian Riviera
- Albisola Marina
- Finale Ligure
- Giardini Botanici Hanbury
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's