- Ostia Antica Perhaps even more than Pompeii, the excavated port city of ancient Rome conveys a picture of everyday life in the days of the empire.
- Tivoli's Villa d'Este Hundreds of fountains cascading and shooting skyward (one even plays music on organ pipes) will delight you at this spectacular garden.
- Castelli Romani Be a Roman for a day and enjoy an escape to the ancient hilltop wine towns on the city's doorstep.
- Get "Middle-Aged" in Viterbo This town may be modern, but it has a Gothic papal palace, a Romanesque cathedral, and the magical medieval quarter of San Pellegrino.
- Gardens bizarre and beautiful The 16th-century proto-Disneyland Parco dei Mostri (Monster Park) is famed for its fantastic sculptures; the Villa Lante, a few miles away, remains the stateliest Renaissance garden of them all.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More