- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
At the mouth of the Gulf of Olbia, Golfo Aranci is a small-scale resort and major arrival point for ferries from the mainland. Tour the village to relax on an outdoor terrace or shop in one of many quaint shops. There is a large selection of restaurants, cafés, and bars. On August 15, the annual fish festival promises excellent seafood. The craggy headland west of town has been left undeveloped as a nature reserve. Drive a few miles along the panoramic road to Olbia. You will reach the enchanting waters of Cala Moresca, Cala Greca, Cala Sabina and White Beach, perfect for swimming, diving, and any other water sport imaginable.
Elsewhere in Sardinia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's