- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Chowder Cafe Review
Look for the bright blue wooden shop front near the pier (about 3 minutes' walk from the tourist office) to find one of the best budget eateries in town. Enthusiastic young owner-chefs, Charlie and Joanna, welcome you to their restaurant, nicely brightened with artwork by local artists. The chowder is a star, but so is the steak sandwich with home-fries, and some adore the goat's cheese and red onion quiche. When the dinner menu kicks in during high season, more substantial seasonal mains are offered, perhaps slow-braised lamb shank, or cod with chorizo. Slow-fooders will like this place: fresh bread and cakes are home-baked daily.
- Address: Strand St., Dingle Town, Co. Kerry
- Phone: 066/915–1061
- Location: An Daingean (Dingle Town)
- No dinner Oct.–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
I will be in Dublin the 1 st week of Sept.. Looking for Day Trips to surrounding areas. I've visited Dublin in the past, hop on is great. Which places would you choose? I'm east to please. Love looking Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more