- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Chowder Cafe Review
Look for the bright blue wooden shop front near the pier (about 3 minutes' walk from the tourist office) to find one of the best budget eateries in town. Enthusiastic young owner-chefs, Charlie and Joanna, welcome you to their restaurant, nicely brightened with artwork by local artists. The chowder is a star, but so is the steak sandwich with home-fries, and some adore the goat's cheese and red onion quiche. When the dinner menu kicks in during high season, more substantial seasonal mains are offered, perhaps slow-braised lamb shank, or cod with chorizo. Slow-fooders will like this place: fresh bread and cakes are home-baked daily.
- Address: Strand St., Dingle Town, Co. Kerry
- Phone: 066/915–1061
- Location: An Daingean (Dingle Town)
- No dinner Oct.–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Below is my trip report of our trip in Sept/Oct 2013. Read more
For those not reading the long report ("Ireland with a Northern Twist"), here's a "visual" trip report--a link to the pix:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2QctG7hu0ZMXC Read more
I will be travelling with my 81 year old Mum to West Ireland from England. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more