- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Chowder Cafe Review
Look for the bright blue wooden shop front near the pier (about 3 minutes' walk from the tourist office) to find one of the best budget eateries in town. Enthusiastic young owner-chefs, Charlie and Joanna, welcome you to their restaurant, nicely brightened with artwork by local artists. The chowder is a star, but so is the steak sandwich with home-fries, and some adore the goat's cheese and red onion quiche. When the dinner menu kicks in during high season, more substantial seasonal mains are offered, perhaps slow-braised lamb shank, or cod with chorizo. Slow-fooders will like this place: fresh bread and cakes are home-baked daily.
- Address: Strand St., Dingle Town, Co. Kerry
- Phone: 066/915–1061
- Location: An Daingean (Dingle Town)
- No dinner Oct.–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more