- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Ireland 2014
Lakelands Farm Guesthouse
At a Glance
- good value
- great scenery
- huge bedrooms
- nearly 2 miles outside village
- won't win any style kudos
Check Rates from our Partners
Lakelands Farm Guesthouse Review
Amid rocky hills, this spacious, Dutch-gable modern house enjoys a stunning location about a mile off the Ring on the shore of Lough Currane (boats for hire), making it popular with game anglers, golfers, and scenery-lovers. Exhale deeply thanks to the lounge's huge squashy leather armchairs, real turf fire, and picture windows. The exceptionally large bedrooms have great views, and some have balconies and Jacuzzis. Host Frank Donnelly is an angling/shooting guide, and his wife Ann will advise on local dining. Hikers: take note that the Kerry Way is 2 miles up the road.
- Address: Lake Rd., look for signpost on the N70 on the south side of the village Waterville, Co. Kerry
- Phone: 066/947–4303
- Website: www.lakelandswaterville.com
- Location: Waterville
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct., Feb., and early Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We encountered the "chip & pin only" situation in a phone store near Brown Thomas in Dublin. Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more