- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Punchestown Racecourse. A wonderful setting amid rolling plains distinguishes the Punchestown Racecourse, with the Wicklow Mountains providing a spectacular backdrop. Horse races are held regularly, but the most popular event is the Punchestown National Hunt Festival in April, a real pilgrimage for fans of steeplechase racing. R411, 3 km (2 miles) south of Naas, Naas, Co. Kildare. 045/897–704. www.punchestown.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe